(as Calcium Ascorbates)
Vitamin C, also called ascorbic acid is defined as; a water soluble, white crystalline vitamin found in citrus fruits, tomatoes, potatoes and leafy green vegetables. Used in the prevention and treatment of scurvy and is a natural antioxidant for foods.
BENEFITS OF HAVING ENOUGH VITAMIN C
- The formation of strong collagen around the cell (the cell wall-what holds a cell together). This is important for resisting infections.
- It protects the body from harmful toxic chemicals found in processed food and in the environment and tap water.
- Promotes healing and health in the whole body and guards the body from the harmful effects of mental and physical stress by helping the adrenal and thyroid glands work properly.
- Helps to keep the skin clear and provide a fresh complexion along with healthy gums and teeth.
- Provides endurance, vitality, strength, and energy.
DEFICIENCIES OF VITAMIN C MAY LEAD TO
- Weak, bleeding gums and bad breath.
- An overall weakening of cell structure in the body leaving it susceptible to infections and sickness, with prolonged recovery periods.
- Capillary weakness resulting in weak skin and bleeding under the skin or the appearance of bruises from broken capillaries.
- Early signs of aging and fatigue with muscular pains.Insufficient thyroid function, and anorexia.
Research into the benefits of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids is developing rapidly. As a result, the information contained on this website (sportformula.com) concerning deficiencies and benefits may not be current and/or correct. Always discuss the use of any vitamin, mineral, or amino acid with your doctor.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.